Infrared inspection identify any thermal patterns and temperatures that may indicate electrical wear or failure. The inspection is performed by utilizing a FLIR C2 handheld imaging system. Infrared inspections are used to locate areas in need of maintenance. The infrared camera can quickly and safely survey the equipment and located anomalies invisible to the naked eye. These anomalies can be located with infrared imaging systems because of their increased or decreased temperature. Any anomaly found is investigated to pinpoint the likely cause of the problem so corrective actions can be implemented. The temperature rise of a detected anomaly is measured and then the I.R. and digital reference images are taken for documentation.
- Remove covers to expose the current carrying components
- Scan the equipment for thermal anomalies
- With each anomaly found, determine the likely cause by both visual and metered examination
- Save images showing the anomaly and document all other test results as applicable
- Note the type of equipment being examined and its identification.
- Create a report showing the anomalies and recommended corrective actions.
Benefits of Infrared Inspections
- Reduced unscheduled down time
- Increase equipment life
- Lower repair cost
- Prevent Catastrophic failures
- Lower insurance premiums due to reduced losses